Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Origin Review

OriginOrigin by Jessica Khoury

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Very original story line and a very exhilarating read. I thoroughly enjoyed Origin, the romance aspect was touching and the setting was different. I work in the science industry, so I could relate to a lot of the book. The story was engrossing too, once I got started reading, I couldn't put it down! The ending was tragic yet perfect.

Pia.. Perfect Pia. Born and raised in a Laboratory by scientists, she was the perfect specimen, immortal, genius, indestructible. The night of her 17th birthday, Pia discovers a hole in the fence of little Cam, her cage the compound she lives in. Curiosity gets the best of her and she slips through the hole to get a glimpse of the Amazon. She literally runs into Eio, a savage boy from a neighboring village.

Perfect Pia's scientist side meets Wild Pia's emotional side and the battle ensues. She has to figure out where she belongs in the mortal world and who has her best interests in heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great review! I haven't heard of this book so I'll have to check it out. Thanks for following on twitter! Feel free to check out my children's book blog if you want! I'll be back to visit your blog! :)

Unknown said...

This sounds very cool. I will definitely check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...