Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

The Frey Saga Book Tour





Unaware she's been bound from using magic, Frey leads a small, miserable life in the village where she's sent after the death of her mother. But a tiny spark starts a fury of changes and she finds herself running from everything she's ever known.

Hunted by council for practicing dark magic, she is certain she's been wrongfully accused. She flees, and is forced to rely on strangers for protection. But the farther she strays from home, the more her magic and forgotten memories return and she begins to suspect all is not as it seems.

My Review:

This book is absolutely riveting! I couldn't put it down. I haven’t read a book quite as mysterious as this one. I couldn't have guessed where this book was going to take me. The book is well written, and doesn’t center the plot around a love triangle. (Which, don’t get me wrong, I love a good love triangle.. but my heart needs a break every now and then.) I got this book for free on Amazon, and would highly recommend it.



Pieces of Eight continues Freya's story in her quest to regain her true self.

Frey (book one): When hapless Elfreda searches for answers about a mysterious stranger, she stumbles across a dark past. Her obsession drives her to seemingly harmless ends, sneaking into council to discover his lineage, borrowing a few pages...until she's caught. As she's faced with trial, the injustices and tragedies of her life tumble over her like boulders and she breaks, finding herself running from all she's ever known - with the stranger who began the avalanche.

Pieces of Eight (book two): After revealing her own dark past, Frey is forced to join with a group of strangers whose pasts seem to intertwine with her own. She struggles to regain her memories, her full power, only to find there is more danger on the other side. And now, there is no turning back






The Frey Saga Book III: Rise of The Seven

Memories and magic recovered, Frey is restored to the throne. But as she works to regain control of the North, a small silver dagger nearly brings her end. She raises The Seven of her guard and proves her abilities in order to secure her position. But another attempt on her life, from what appears to be fey, reveals not all are pleased with her return. If she could only figure out the force behind the attacks, she might be able to relax enough to decide what to do about her other problem... Chevelle.


My Review:

As always, another adventurous, high-stakes edition of the Frey Saga! I love Wright's writing style and there is never a dull moment in Frey's world. She struggles to gain control of her new powers and her new kingdom. There are threats made on her life and the ever growing need for revenge! Bonds were formed that had never broken, and battles that needed fought. I really love this series as it has always had me enthralled!!! Oh and finally a steamy scene with the magnificent Chevelle Vatier with his wonderful deep blue eyes! Here's a taste:

It wasn't clear to me, what caused him to break, but he was suddenly moving, and the room seemed to shudder with magic. Power slammed into me the instant before he reached me and I almost managed a word. But when he finally touched me, when his hands came around me, his lips crushed mine, even the notion of speaking was gone. Le swoon!!!

I would highly recommend this short fantasy saga.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...