Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Wallbanger Review

WallbangerWallbanger by Alice Clayton

WARNING: The following review is rated R..

This book is to die for! It was so charming. Seriously, it was so damn funny.. every moment, even some of the sexy moments were funny! The writing.. phenomenal, it was witty, sarcastic, snarky and overall amazing. I had more quotes from this book than any other. I truly loved it! My face hurts from smiling/laughing at this book!



Cover love and Writing
I was a bit squeemish with the title of this book, but please people don't let that slow you down. I love the cover.. it works for the book. (and what I wouldn't do to have my legs wrapped around Mr. Wallbanger.) The writing had to be the best part of this book. It was down to earth, relatable. I loved how Clayton inserted the text messages and even had a chapter in third person when there were four people riding in the car.

Main Character
Caroline, a twenty something interior designer.. with a cat that keeps her warm at night, an affinity towards the Food Network, and missing her O. Sadly I feel as though I can relate to her.. for the most part. She is throwing everything into her work and friends, and dismisses what she was missing in real life. She knows now what she wants and is determined to settle for nothing less. Caroline is spunky and headstrong and I truly admire that.

Swoonworthy points: 9.5
Ok.. instead of babbling on an on about how hot and swoony this book is, I will quote the ways:

He stared into my eyes again, those sex sapphires doing their voodoo that made me a puddle of voodoo goo.

..they must have been able to hear Clive and all his carrying on. Although if I were impaled on the Wallbanger Wondercock, I imagine I could compartmentalize as well...

"Here's what you need to know. One, you're amazing," he said, his hands now traveling up to the small of my back, fingers and thumbs massaging and manipulating. "Two, you're amazingly sexy," he breathed.


Yeah, yeah.. those are all funny/sexy but there are some really sweet and romantic parts too.. Just these are the scenes I like to think of!!

I would enthusiastically recommend this book! As it made me so happy (and a little hot at times) to read!!



1 comment:

Miss Vain's Paranormal Fantasy said...

Thank you for sharing your review for this one Ashley!!! I plan to read this one soon.:) <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...